cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Configuration Professional with Windows 7

brian.hooper
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone attempted to use CCP with Windows 7?  I am running the following on my system:

Windows 7 Professional 32 bit

Java 1.6.10

IE8

UAC is at it's lowest setting.

I know that the minium requirements call for IE7 and, at the latest, Vista, but I was curious if there is a way to trick CCP into running on Win7.  The program installs without a problem, but when I run CCP, I get a random error that just says "Please correct the following error" - "error", with no explanation.

I am trying CCP because I cannot get SDM to run either...

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance!!

27 Replies 27

branfarm1
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Brian,

I'm using CCP on Windows 7 64-bit and haven't run into any problems yet.   The only thing I can think of is to try adjusting your compatibility settings and/or make sure you install CCP as Administrator. 

Good luck! I know getting these things to work can be a beast sometimes.

--Brandon

Thanks for the reply Brandon.  Since I initially posted, I have uninstalled CCP and re-installed "As Administrator" (via the right click) option.  Still I have the same issue.  I have tried to run the program in compatibility mode (xp sp3) and chosen to always run "As Administrator", and forced IE8 into IE7 mode via the developer tools, but still I have the same problem.  Attached is a screenshot.  Would you (or anyone else) mind taking a look and perhaps posting your system specs (java version, browser settings, etc.)?  Also - I am running CCP v2.0 - I believe it was the latest download from Cisco's site.  I haven't tried an older version yet - that's my next test....

Thanks again!!

Thanks for the reply Brandon.  Since I initially posted, I have uninstalled CCP and re-installed "As Administrator" (via the right click) option.  Still I have the same issue.  I have tried to run the program in compatibility mode (xp sp3) and chosen to always run "As Administrator", and forced IE8 into IE7 mode via the developer tools, but still I have the same problem.  Attached is a screenshot.  Would you (or anyone else) mind taking a look and perhaps posting your system specs (java version, browser settings, etc.)?  Also - I am running CCP v2.0 - I believe it was the latest download from Cisco's site.  I haven't tried an older version yet - that's my next test....

Thanks again!!

Sorry - can't attach a file for some reason....

branfarm1
Level 4
Level 4

Brian,

I tried installing this at home on a Windows 7 VM (64-bit) and it worked first try -- I was hoping to be able to recreate the error you were receiving to see if I could see what it's all about. When I installed it I didn't do anything special -- I didn't even right-click and install as Administrator.

There are a bunch of log files in C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\CiscoCP\logs\ that should have information from the last time you tried to run the app. Can you attach those logs so we can look at them?

Thanks,

Brandon

Brandon,

Thanks for your help.  My log files are empty except for the Catalina log file...i attached both of them.  I wondered initially if my firewall was blocking something so I disabled it as well...no luck.  I guess I just don't have the touch like you do.  The files are attached...

Brian,

I'm unable to download the attachments -- can you try uploading again?

Thanks,

Brandon

Edit:  Nevermind... they finally showed up. They were marked as "queued" for over an hour

Well, those logs don't contain much information. In fact, they match mine exactly.

Can you run the _ccpshowtech.bat and attach results?  It's located in the C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\CiscoCP\bin\ directory.

Also, what Java version do you have installed?

I started out with Java v1.6.15, then tried Java v1.6.10, now I am trying to use v1.6.0 with CCP v2.0.  The show tech files are attached - or in the process of attaching.

You might also try 1.6.0_07 -- I know that with the Cisco ASDM I have to manually set it to 1.6.0_07 or it doesn't work.

I just tried using version 5.0.11 but i get the same error...there is a yellow bar with a red x that says correct the following errors...but it doesn't list any errors to correct.  this yellow bar appears where the RSS feed would normally appear.

I will try 6 update 7 to see how it functions...thanks again.

Well i just realized that Lotus Notes v 8.5 (yes we run lotus notes) doesn't run with Java Version 5...back to

6 i go...

6 update 7 isn't gonna work either...same error.

Hello,

Does anyone already found a solution? I'm having the same issue here.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: