Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Removing Users from Corporate Directory

tsijmerrifield
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

On our CUCM 7.X with LDAP we have an active user who does not want his name/extension to show in the corporate directory. What is the easiest way to accomplish this?

Thanks

10 Replies 10

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Add a tilde ~ before his name in AD and he won't be synched next time

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Greet - thanks...I will give that a try.

Hi,

Beside Java's great tip, you can also leave blank the sn attribute. Then those records are skipped during import action.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

- Adrián.

Be advised that making either of the changes recommended above will break the LDAP sync for that End User account and remove it from UCM entirely after the garbage collection process completes.

The directory function built into UCM does not allow you to hide accounts selectively. You would need to look at third-party products that provide this feature and then disable access to the default phone service and the directory page through enterprise parameters.

jjules001
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue, however, our call manager system is not integrated with AD. We create users manually. However, one ebd user does not want their extension to be listed in the phone directory.

Any clue how to do that?

scheived
Level 3
Level 3

Keep in mind this doesn't remove them from the directory but just changes the sort order to effectively put them last. It will work with any special character.

maritsak1
Level 1
Level 1

I go to the end user and I Convert LDAP Synchronized User to Local User. after delete the account from CUCM and AD

Seams like an awful long way to achieve removal of an LDAP synced user. All you need to do is remove the user in AD and let the synchronisation and garbage collection process have its corse as the user will be removed from CM by this. Given it would take a little bit of time for it to happen as the garbage collection runs once per 24 hour period.

Response Signature

Correct this would not be a good way to remove a user from LDAP sync, an LDAP filter discluding the user is more useful for that. But if you want to keep a user synced however remove them from the corporate directory this trick will do so.

@scheived My response was for @maritsak1 on the post.

I go to the end user and I Convert LDAP Synchronized User to Local User. after delete the account from CUCM and AD”

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: