cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RME Netconfig Jobs

dionjiles
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking to deply "no mop enabled" and "no lat enabled" via Netconfig to some of our device interfaces.

Is the option "port based" the right option to choose since this an interface level command?

I chose 100 mbps Ethernet, 1 Gbps Ethernet port, and links ports

4 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, the option will be device-based as port-based is only applicable for switch ports, not router interfaces.  If there are only specific interfaces to which these commands should be deployed, create a device-based template, and specify the interfaces and the commands.  If, however, you want to deploy the commands to a whole class of interfaces, it would be easier to use the baseline compliance feature of RME.  Using this, you can create a template with a submode such as:

interface [#.*Ethernet.*#]

Then under that submode, add:

+ no mop enable

+ no lat enable

View solution in original post

In Netconfig, create a new Netconfig job, and select Device based from the first screen.  Then you can use the Ad hoc template to fill out the necessary parameters.

Yep, provided the name of the interfaces contained the word, "Serial".

There is not.  You will have to schedule compliance jobs.  However, you can schedule a compliance check job to run automatically, and you can choose to run it on a dynamic group of devices.  So, essentially, RME can scan newly added devices, but it just won't happen as they are added.

10 Replies 10

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, the option will be device-based as port-based is only applicable for switch ports, not router interfaces.  If there are only specific interfaces to which these commands should be deployed, create a device-based template, and specify the interfaces and the commands.  If, however, you want to deploy the commands to a whole class of interfaces, it would be easier to use the baseline compliance feature of RME.  Using this, you can create a template with a submode such as:

interface [#.*Ethernet.*#]

+ no mop enable

+ no lat enable

Okay I guess I was reading the documentation wrong.....let me get a template created since this is going out to router interfaces.

How do I create a device based template?

In Netconfig, create a new Netconfig job, and select Device based from the first screen.  Then you can use the Ad hoc template to fill out the necessary parameters.

If I wanted to do Serial interfaces would this syntax work?

interface [#.*Serial.*#]

+ no mop enable

+ no lat enable

Yep, provided the name of the interfaces contained the word, "Serial".

Wow I have been really scared to use RME compliance manager until now.....this makes life so much easier.

I wish they was a way when devices get add that Compliance manager would check the device, it could be I haven't

had the chance to really read up on it.

There is not.  You will have to schedule compliance jobs.  However, you can schedule a compliance check job to run automatically, and you can choose to run it on a dynamic group of devices.  So, essentially, RME can scan newly added devices, but it just won't happen as they are added.

Thanks for the prompt response....maybe in LMS 4.0?

No, I don't think so.  Definitely more is going into compliance management in 4.0, but I haven't seen a trigger-based compliance check yet.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: