cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

rvl200 and mobile phone

barchenno
Level 1
Level 1

It's possible to connect via IPSec VPN from mobile phone with Nokia mobile VPN client to rvl200 ? If yes, what is the configuration on rvl200 and on mobile client? If not,  is possible to connect via SSL VPN ?

8 Replies 8

David Carr
Level 6
Level 6

If the phone can accept the ssl certificate then it should work.  I have never tested it, but that would be the only way.

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

What kind of web browser do you have on your mobile phone?If it's not a standward browser like IE or Firefox, it's probably not supported.

For IPSec VPN, what IPsec Client does your phone use?

Thanks for answer

Mobile phone E55 Nokia

By default Browser Opera Mini (but also Skyfire).

I can access at the page login for SSL login and i can login (I get the answer :  An SSL VPN Tunnel Has Been Successfully Established), but then I can't do nothing)

IPSec client:

Nokia Mobile VPN Client version 4.0, in attach shorts specifications. You can find whole in   http://europe.nokia.com/get-support-and-software/download-software/nokia-mobile-vpn/compatibility-and-download (version 4.0).

Thanks for the information you provided. I don't believe the Opera Mini browser and Nokia Mobile VPN Client are supported on RVL200.

You know if there is any way to connect a symbian mobile phone to rvl200? Install IExplorer for symbian? Or such a connection is possible only with others VPN routers(supporting client-gateway IPSec connection and not only gateway-gateway as rvl200). If yes, what?

Thanks again

RVL200 supports one IPsec tunnel and 5 SSL VPN tunnles. You could try configuring the IPsec tunnel of RVL200 for client to gateway VPN. You could look at the user guide of RV042 for additional configuration examples of VPN.

RVL200 supports only gateway to gateway tunnel and not client to gateway: in his IPSec settings section  I don't have the choice between client/gateway and gateway/gateway as in RVL042, but only this second. So I can't configure IPSec tunnel for client to gateway VPN, and I figure  the only way to access RVL200 in VPN client mode is SSL, I'm right ? (RVL200 firmware ver 1.1.7)

Suppose you have your IPSec client on your PC (e.g. with a public ip address a.b.c.d), you could try configuring an IPsec tunnel on RVL200 where the remote security gateway and the remote security group are both identified by this public ip address (a.b.c.d). See the attached screenshot for an example.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: