cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hum 1.1 does not collect information CPU router 7507VXR/RSP4

g.palavecino
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone, HUM has not been possible to  extract information from computer's CPU. I have not found more information on the cisco.com  website or anywhere.

According to official papers only need the mibs  CISCO-PROCESS AND ENTITY.

Please  your help and comments.

Regards,

Guilliano Palavecino Rojas  

Enginner Support Communications

Adexus S.A

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Exactly how are you defining your poller in HUM?  What version of IOS is the 7507 running?

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Exactly how are you defining your poller in HUM?  What version of IOS is the 7507 running?

First of all, correct that the model of router is 7507/RSP4 (x2) with IOS 12.2 (14) S19.
The way of configuring the poller,

- HUM
- Poller and template management
- Poller management

- Create

- Device selector (rete1, rete2)

- Poller detail

-name: cpu_test_7507

-polling interval: 5 min

- Templates

-cpu utilization

- Selected templates

-cpu utilization
NEXT

Available instances = 0

Also, selecting "poll all instances" I have available two instances, but at the end of the poller does not collect data.

Okay, I think you're seeing my bug CSCtb68766. post the output of SNMP Walks for the following objects:

Ok. Herewith the result of snmpwalk requested.

Ok. Herewith the result of snmpwalk requested.

This looks good.  You're not seeing my bug.  Start a sniffer trace filtering on all SNMP traffic to this 7507, then try recreating your poller.  When it fails, post the sniffer trace file.

JClarke, here is the result of the sniffer.

I need to see the binary sniffer file so I can inspect all fields in each packet.

ok.

Since the 7500 doesn't support the ENTITY-MIB, it is possible the multiple CPUs are triggering a bug in HUM.  Each CPU has the same physical index of 0 (which is fine based on the MIB definition).  However, HUM tries to map the physical ID to a textual description of the CPU.  Unfortunately, I do not have a 7500 with which I can test this.  All of my single-CPU devices which have 0 CPU physical indexes work fine.

Post the upm_process.log after reproducing this problem.  It may be possible to spot the problem, but you need to open a TAC service request so that this can be analyzed in the lab.

ok, thank you very much. I will escalate the issue with the TAC and notice them.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: