Views
Helpful
Replies

cant dial certain phone numbers

altesan35
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

In the office, we have a CUCME ver 4.1 connected to a PBX Panasonic 1232 using E1 cards, we use a Router 2851 between PBX and PSTN.

Extension numbers begin with 16.. and 17.., but when I dial a phone number i.e. 1673-1478, CUCME take the first 4 digits of the number, re-routing call to the extension 1673, no to the phone number.

Dial-peers in configuration are

dial-peer voice 3 pots

description EXT PANASONIC

destination-pattern 16..

port 0/2/1:0

forward-digits all

!

dial-peer voice 4 pots

description PBX

destination-pattern 17..

port 0/2/1:0

forward-digits all

!

dial-peer voice 20 pots

corlist outgoing CoS-loc

description LOCAL

preference 1

destination-pattern [1-9].......

port 0/2/0:0

forward-digits 8

!

dial-peer voice 1 pots

description PSTN

paramspace callsetup after-hours-exempt TRUE

incoming called-number .T

direct-inward-dial

any idea that is wrong, greetings

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

yes you have to change the dial plan but the dialplan was not good to begin with since you have overlapping between DN and outside numbers.

The only way I see is to add that extra digit to distinguish between calls inside your company and calls to outside numbers.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

kasper123
Level 4
Level 4

Try changing the destination pattern in dial-peer voice 20 pots to destination-pattern 9[1-9]....... and then dial with a prefix 9: (91673-1478).

So your dial-peer 20 would be:

dial-peer voice 20 pots

corlist outgoing CoS-loc

description LOCAL

preference 1

destination-pattern 9[1-9].......

forward-digits 8

Yes, that's a good solution. Now, I ask, if necesary add a new digit, yes is only one digit but you know, sometimes, changes in dial-plan are complicated to certain users

I have a similar idea (add one digit), the change consist in that the CME will it automatically add the digit, using "Translation-Rules", but, when I apply it, it does not work

It cannot work. If you insert the digital automatically, router cannot understand if it was needed or not, and you have not solved anything.

The digit is needed to distinguish between local calls, and calls over the trunk.

You cannot do without it.

Hi,

yes you have to change the dial plan but the dialplan was not good to begin with since you have overlapping between DN and outside numbers.

The only way I see is to add that extra digit to distinguish between calls inside your company and calls to outside numbers.

ok, I understand. Thanks for your help. I will follow your recommendations, thanks a lot

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: