Or:

Switch#

copy source_device:source_filename bootflash:target_filename

8 Replies 8

branfarm1
Level 4
Level 4

Cfajardo,

The bootflash is the onboard memory module (DIMM) which is not removable.  Slot0 is the CF card slot.

HTH,

Brandon

hi brandon,

are you referring to the sodimm which by default comes with 512mb when you said dimm?

thanks

No -- I apologize for the confusion -- The SODIMM is the Supervisor's RAM memory. However, I believe there is another compact flash memory module located on the Supervisor that is a similar style flash module, although I can't find documentation.  I might be wrong on that one.  If you pull out the Supervisor, you should be able to tell which module is the DRAM and which is the Flash, assuming there are more than 1 module.

If you can't afford to pull out the Supervisor, you can add a compact flash card and set the Supervisor to boot from the CF card.

-so does that mean the bootflash is not an FRU?

thanks

I'm still looking, but most likely not an official FRU -- I can't find any part numbers other than CF cards.   So if you are having problems with a SupV and you have a SmartNet, then I would work with TAC to arrange an RMA.

If you're on your own however, then I still think there is a replaceable flash module, but it would be a matter of finding the right part. See the attached pictures from an Ebay auction for a WS-X4516  -- one of those modules is clearly a Flash module.

this are the part numbers i got from the link of the link youve provided..

64 MB MEM-C4K-FLD64M

128 MB MEM-C4K-FLD128M

I think those are both CF card part numbers

we aggreed before in one my post that the

-64mb builtin compact flash is the bootflash

but in the pictures you posted i couldnt see any compact flash...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card