cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to have H-REAP broadcast only specific locally switched SSID's?

msmith
Level 1
Level 1

I'm new to this H-REAP configuration, but in the main office we have about 6 WLAN's.  I have a remote office which I want to have 2 new WLAN's and have them switched locally.  How can I only have the H-REAP AP's at this site only broadcast those 2 SSID's vs all 8?  I haven't really read anything about using AP Group VLAN's with H-REAP or know if that's even possible, but is this a possibility and if no,t what would you recommend?

Thanks for the help!

4 Replies 4

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello,

I havent done WLAN override over HREAP before, but i dont think why it wouldnt work. iIf you only want to "support" certain SSIDs WLAN override will allow you to shape that ...

Here is a link for further reading

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:RX3jjIk_EzcJ:www.perihel.at/wlan/wlan-wlc.html+cisco+wlc+hreap+wlan+override&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

weterry
Level 4
Level 4

I've definitely seen/used AP Groups to do just what you're asking.

Configuring AP Groups (5.2 configuration guide): http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/5.2/configuration/guide/c52wlan.html#wp1128591

Keep in mind that WLAN Override as part of "AP Groups" is only in 5.2+

Prior to that, WLAN Override is enabled per AP, per Radio.

Great, I will check this out.  Thanks for the help.

I may create another topic - but here it goes...

I've decided to try to use an existing WLAN in the H-REAP config...

-I've joined the AP to the remote controller, assigned it an IP, put it in H-REAP mode.

-I chose a WLAN, enabled local switching

-I went into the AP, configured the native VLAN, however, I CAN NOT change the vlan of the WLAN listed.  It always goes back to default.

I verified the vlan exists on the switch, is routable, etc, the switch port is a member of that vlan, it is set as a trunk w/ 802.1q, etc.

Any ideas on what would cause this?

I am SOO close   Thanks!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card