cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Applying two upgrades to inactive partition before switching version.

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

I am going to upgrade a customer with CUCM 6.1(2), CUPS 6.0(3) and Unity Connection 2.1(1) to version 7.x.

I have the media to perform these upgrades but it does not contain the verylatest versions available on CCO.

Is it possible to upgrade from the existing versions to 7.x using the DVD's and then apply a second upgrade using a downloaded upgrade to the inactive partition or do in need to switch versions first?

For example, start with CUCM 6.2(2), upgrade to 7.1(2) using upgrade DVD then upgrade to 7.1(3a) using downloaded upgrade.

Ideally I want to be able to have the latest 7.1(x) version on one partition and their existing 6.1(2) version on the other.

Same question for CUPS and Unity Connection.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to install the new versions and switch partitions, then install the latest version and switch again.

It's not possible to do what you want unless you go directly to the latest version.

Only what is on the active partition is used to verify the upgrade "from" version, even if you try it, it will fail as the CUCM 7.1(3) file on CCO is for upgrades FROM 7.X.

Same for ANY linux appliance.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to install the new versions and switch partitions, then install the latest version and switch again.

It's not possible to do what you want unless you go directly to the latest version.

Only what is on the active partition is used to verify the upgrade "from" version, even if you try it, it will fail as the CUCM 7.1(3) file on CCO is for upgrades FROM 7.X.

Same for ANY linux appliance.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Java,

I can see why this makes sense even if it is not what I had hoped for.

cheers

James

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: