Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC Calendar integration with Ex2007

abid.ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am facing problem with CUPC 7.0.4 Calendar issue, I uploaded the exchange SAN certificate in CUPS 7.0 server its fine no error status (green )When i activate the my exchange calendar  shows me as busy in CUPC, the status not change to busy after change in outlook calendar as busy.

Our Network Senario is we have Cluster Exchange 2007, (Mailbox Store) and NLB CAS Servers. Our Exchange Server 2007 is Mix Mode.Can you please help me for this issue.

17 Replies 17

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

To troubleshoot this problem, we need detailed Presence Engine logs.

1) Go to CUPS Serviceability > Trace > Config.  Set the trace level for "Cisco UP Presence Engine" to "Debug".

2) Restart Presence Engine and wait for 5 minutes.

3) Log into CUPC (with calendar enabled).

4) Get Presence Engine logs (from the time you restarted it).

Thanks!

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Hi Mikhael,

mail.kec.com.kw is the NLB name in  CAS server used for OWA access, the certificate that we uploaded from third party certificate (Digicert).they send us SAN certificate.

0: Nov 23 16:19:57.751 UTC : %CUP_PRESENCE-CISCOUPSPRESENCEENGINE-3-PECalendarConnectionLossCleared: PE has regained connection to Calendar Server. UNKNOWN_PARAMNAME:PEAlarmMessage:mail.kec.com.kw:443 Cluster ID:StandAloneCluster Node ID:SKWIUPC01.

shrutid22
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am having same issue. From the installation it was working.

But last year November, Our exchange certificate expired and I had to install the new certificate.

Since then Calendar integration is broken.

Can anyone help.. please

I have CA server and the certificate is issued by our own CA server. (exchange vertificate is obtained from external atuhority)

the same certificate is being used for voicemail from exchange and is working fine

If you have any suggestions, please help

Shruti

yogan.patel
Level 1
Level 1

Suppose I don't have exchange but use outlook. Is it possible for CUPC to pull presence information directly from my Outlook calendar and update my CUPC presence status accordingly?

Hi

Nope, it isn't... you need Exchange/WebDAV for that feature.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

p-siadoua
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everybody

I am trying to configure  a calendar integration with Ex2007 also.  We have a CUPS serer 7.0.3  and CUCM servers 7.1.2.    My presence gateway configuration seems to be correct.  But i have no presence information on my CUPC when i am not available on my calendar. I tried to put my own account in the presence gateway configuration but still don't work. I have made some debugs  but i don't really understand could you help me for this please ?

Pamela

PS:

please see my attached file

This is a obvious thing to check, but it has bitten me in the backside before (more than once, I'm shamed to say....)  Do you have the "Show me as In a Meetings... Whenever my Exchange calendar shows me as busy" checkbox checked under Preferences?

Thanks ccharlebois

But i have already check this parameter. My status don't change.

pamela

Hang on...  Rereading your original question, you refer to your Exchange Calendar and your Outlook Calendar as through they are two different things.  Do you have multiple calendars?

Nevermind...  I realized that you added this to someone else's issue.

We need PE log to cover the time since PE restart.  What time was PE restarted?

Thanks!

Michael

Hi,

I want to integrate CUPS with Outlouk calendar.

I have read in the SRND 7.X  that :

The exchange ID that is used to retrieve calendar information is taken from the email ID of the LDAP structure for that user. If the email ID does not exist or if LDAP is not being used, then the Cisco Unified Presence user ID is mapped as the exchange ID.

In our case  we use User ID of ldap structure  to connect to  our email box, windows session, cupc, ....

in the log, there is an authentication failure because CUP try to use  email account not the user id. In owa access, we use user id. It works perfectly.

Do you have any idea ?

pamela

ps :

htluo, i have restart the PE at 11:00 AM (french hour), i have attached all the log  when i restart the PE service.

The file you attached epe00000011.txt covers the time from 11:00:54 to 11:01:12 (total 18 seconds).  It doesn't have the complete information we needed to troubleshoot.

Could you do this?

1) Exit CUPC

2) Restart PE.

3) Wait for 2 minutes after restart.

4) Log into CUPC and wait until it's status goes to 'Available'

5) Get the PE logs since the PE restart.  (if you had done all above within 10 minutes, you may just choose "relative range - 10 minutes").

Thanks!

Michael

hi,

this a new log when restart the PE. I have restarted the PE at 3.00 PM

thanks

pam

What's the trace level for Presence Engine?  Was it set to "Debug"?  If not, please set it from CUPS > Serviceability > Trace > Configuration.  And repeat the procedure again.

Was 10.3.221.221 the IP address of CUPC?

Michael

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: