cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inbound calls - 1 way audio

Joseph Chambers
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer with uc520.  7 phones are connected via SR520s & EZ VPN.  Using MTP for each phone.

Intermittently, incoming call can't hear the Cisco phone.

Call Flow - POTS to AA, then extension.

Do you think it could be the EZ VPN? Should I move to Site-to-Site VPN?

Any suggestions?

3 Replies 3

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hiya colacommollc,

Just a few questions:

I have a customer with uc520.  7 phones are connected via SR520s & EZ VPN.  Using MTP for each phone.

What Phones are these? What Model?

Intermittently, incoming call can't hear the Cisco phone.

So what your saying is that Caller>>>>>AA>>>>>Extension.......... There is no two way audio path only one way audio to the Cisco Phone (End Point)? But they have two way audio at the AA level as they can be forwarded through to the extension... Have i got this right? for instance the caller can not hear the Cisco Phone user but the Cisco phone user can hear the caller, thus a one way audio path?

Do you think it could be the EZ VPN? Should I move to Site-to-Site VPN?

My personal Favorite is Site-to-Site VPN, i just like it and find it more reliable, i would strongly encourage you to move to this, but i know others will have their own opinion on this matter.

Look forward to your update.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

"What Phones are these? What Model?" - 524G.

The soft phones have no issues - but they are using Cisco VPN Clients.

"So what your saying is that Caller>>>>>AA>>>>>Extension.......... There is no two way audio path only one way audio to the Cisco Phone (End Point)? But they have two way audio at the AA level as they can be forwarded through to the extension..." - Correct

"Have i got this right? for instance the caller can not hear the Cisco Phone user but the Cisco phone user can hear the caller, thus a one way audio path?" - Correct

If you can post your EZVPN config for the SR500 and the UC500 that would help.

Marcos