cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisoc Unity 7: How to use the Keypad Mapping

JustForVoice_2
Level 4
Level 4

If I need to send a message using TUI it is telling me to spell the last and first name then press pound. For Q, press 7. For Z, press 9 I tried to use this option but it is not working with me and I do not know if I am using the right way or not. any help please? I do not understand the concept of keypad mapping.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If they are *not* listed in the directory, someone can still type in the extension and be transferred to them.  You would have to restrict the transfer rule on the subscriber to limit this.

(meaning instead of the ring phone, it would go their greeting instead)

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Couple things, try just using the first letter of the last name and press #.  For example, press 2 for A and unity will search for all last names that start with the letter A.

Fo Unity, if the subscriber has not recorded their greeting (gone through first time enrollment) they will NOT be listed in the directory, hence you cant find anyone

Thank you for your reply.

can I say that  I need to enter the names using the keypad, and how I can spell two or three letters like a person his name "Jone" in this case shall I press:

5 for J

6 for o

6 for n

3 for e

or what?

and how to know each key map to these letters?

like 2 = ABC

Hi Madi,

That is exactly right my friend! For Jones you would enter 56637

For Huffman you would enter 4833# or 4833626

Cheers!

Rob

Thank you Rob,

but the name it should match the name in Active Directory or recorded name??

I read in unity configuration guide, to use this feature the recorded name shoud be recorded. and I do not think that Unity will recognize the speech in this case.

In other words, if we have this subsrciber:

First name: Rob

Last name: Huffman (it is like this in Unity and AD)

but this subscriber recorded his recorded name as :

"The Expert "  

So the grreting message will be: sorry "The Expert" is not available .....

Then if I need to search this user I will not use " The expert"

I should use Huffman (4833626)

True or False??

The recorded name is not used for the spelling.

If the First Name and Last name entered for the user was "Rob Huff"

And the caller used the directory, they could only spell Rob or Huff (last or first name)

When a matched name came up for the *spelling*, it will "for The Expert" press 1.

Make sense?

Thank you too much,

One more question if the subscriber choose to change his status in the directory (Not listed) in this case any body can reach him?

Is this meaning to be listed or not listed in the directory?

if yes? is there any other advantage to be listed in the directory?

If they are *not* listed in the directory, someone can still type in the extension and be transferred to them.  You would have to restrict the transfer rule on the subscriber to limit this.

(meaning instead of the ring phone, it would go their greeting instead)

Thank you too much

I hope it is clear now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: