Question on new CCNP v6 ...

Answered Question
Nov 22nd, 2009
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

When I pass the BSCI, will that count toward the new CCNP requirements (Routing, Switching, and troubleshooting)?  I am having dounts in myself completing all four exams in the alloted time due to work.

Thanks

Jimmy

Correct Answer by Brandon Buffin about 7 years 4 months ago

There has been no official announcement regarding new CCNP content. I have seen some speculation that the new version will be released early 2010. Generally, Cisco gives several months notice before a change of this magnitude. My guess is that you will have until mid-2010 to finish up under the current requirements. In certain instances, Cisco has allowed current exams to be used towards updated certifications for the life of the exam (3 years).

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Brandon Buffin Mon, 11/23/2009 - 13:54
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more

There has been no official announcement regarding new CCNP content. I have seen some speculation that the new version will be released early 2010. Generally, Cisco gives several months notice before a change of this magnitude. My guess is that you will have until mid-2010 to finish up under the current requirements. In certain instances, Cisco has allowed current exams to be used towards updated certifications for the life of the exam (3 years).

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Actions

This Discussion