Views
Helpful
Replies

Putting a Call on Hold and Answering Second Call Issue

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi All,

I seem to have been stumped by a small problem that i have come across with a client, the issue is as follows;

1. Call comes into the system
  2. Ext 100 answers the call
  3. Whilst Ext 100 is talking, another call enters the system
  4. Ext 100 places that call on hold
  5. Ext 100 tries to answer the incoming call, however Gpickup does not work, Pickup does not work and there is ano Answer button (Softkey)

The system is setup in the following way (Constructed by another company that no longer exsists);

• ISDN Lines (BRI Ports) 4X
  • DN's have the DID of each lines 8X DN for this
  • There is no voice parallel or ephone-hunts setup
  • All 7970 phones have correct ephone templates in place
  • No phones are monitoring the DN's, calls appear to be going straight to Reception phone which has a Side Cart and is monitoring all those DN's
  • User uses the Gpickup feature to answer a call when they hear it come in at the Reception phone (This is unmanned)

What am i missing here? Why are they not able to put a call on hold and pick up the second incoming ?

Ephone-template Setup:

ephone-template  1
conference drop-mode local
conference add-mode creator
conference admin
softkeys hold  Join Newcall Resume Select
softkeys idle  Redial Gpickup Cfwdall Dnd Pickup ConfList Join RmLstC
softkeys seized  Redial Gpickup Cfwdall Endcall Callback Meetme
softkeys alerting  Callback Endcall
softkeys connected  Hold Endcall Trnsfer Confrn ConfList RmLstC Join Select
softkeys ringing  Answer Dnd HLog

I was under the Impression that you can Gpickup a second call after putting one on hold, i am sure that it is something simple that i am overlooking, i really dont want to have to rebuild this system, there is nothing worse than having to try and work on a system that was build with no common sense to the config topology.

I look forward to others input on this, i bet it is something simple, it always is, but i have ben stumpped on this one and it is really frustrating me :D

Cheers,

David.

(PS) I hope i have explained the problem well enough to assist

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
4 Replies 4

Is extension 100 and the receptionist's extension that is ringing in the same pickup group?

Marcos

Hi Marco's

Is extension 100 and the receptionist's extension that is ringing in the same pickup group?

Checked and yes they are...

Anything else you can think off?

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Marcos,

I have tried the ephone-template track of adding Gpickup to the Hold Softkey but it wont let me, i was very surprised when i did a ? on the option and found i couldnt add that in... is there any reason why this has been excluded for that softkey? It doesnt make sense as to why this was done, by leaving it out it effectivley disables a user from being able to hold a call and answer another one without having to create monitored trunk lines, or possibly using a VPHG.

Is this something the BU can look into for their next release? Or do you know of another work around cause i am stumped on this one, it is very rapidly heading towards me having to do a major overhaul of their config which i was trying to avoid, eeeeeek and i doubt we will get paid for it as it was installed by another company who went bust, and they are just cursing Cisco right now :(

MEH! It would be good if some installers actually thought through their build process and took something into consideration, it would certainly make life a lot easier for other Cisco techies to work with their config, i hate working on other builds that were just poorly designed, it is a nightmare.....arrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhh

Cheers,

David.

Does this not work if you put the caller on hold, do a new call, then press gpickup? 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: