Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA AIP SSM module monitored by LMS & HUM

chanhengi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I tried to add ASA IPS module to LMS CS, but LMS can not recognize it, show it as unknown device, i tried to SNMP WALK this device, it is successful, so i manully change the device type to

Cisco ASA Advanced Inspection and Prevention (AIP) Security Services Module, and i can get the correct icon theen,
but i tried to use RME to archive config, it failed, and tried to create HUM poller to monitor CPU and memory utinization,
but no such instance template. could anyone tell me the LMS support ASA AIP module or not? thanks.
7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What is the sysObjectID of this device?

RFC1213-MIB::sysObjectID.0 = OID: CISCO-PRODUCTS-MIB::ciscoIPSSSM10

.1.3.6.1.2.1.1.2.0 = OID: .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.662

I can't backup a config in RME, gives the errors:

SSH: Failed to establish SSH connection to x.x.x.x - Cause:  close() called twice.

SSH: Failed to establish SSH connection to x.x.x.x - Cause: Authentication failed on device 3 times

but I know the password is correct

This device is not yet supported by RME.  I have requested support, but there is currently no ETA.

Is not yet supported by the module aip ssm module on  lms 4.2 for archive configuration ? Thanks a lot

No, this device is not supported by LMS config archive.

Thank you for your answer but is there a list of device supported ?

Thanks a lot

Emiliano

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: