Views
Helpful
Replies

timed automated reboot of the CUE

scherrer
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

is there a possibility, to run scripts, like a cron-job on the uc500?

I'm loking for a way to reboot the CUE every week on a specified time on itself. I can do it over a cronjob from external but not on the UC itself.

Are there any tcl-scripts for such a job?

thx for any refers to :)

Regards
Daniel

3 Replies 3

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I am not sure Cisco would support such a practice and thinking that is not something you would want to do as a matter of routine maintenance.

What is it that you are trying to address?

Steve

Daniel, as Steve said, please refrain from doing this. You could damage the module.

Thanks,

Marcos

scherrer
Level 1
Level 1

There are some some issues (e.g. "no shutdown of voice-port") that causes every month a service loss on the UC. The issues aren't solvet yet, so the costumer call's every few weeks, that the services are failing. The issues can only be solved, by reloading the UC. I thought, it would be bether that way, as let the costumers get mad, until the issues are fixed.

Thanks @Marcos: I didn't know, that a module-reload can damage the module.

I have a few UC's out there with the same issues but I hope, the costumers are going sooner or later from analog to digital, so those issues woldn't be relevant anymore :-)

Thank you two,

Daniel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: