cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help, CCX7 not triggered from outside, codec problem.

adham_tahoun
Level 1
Level 1

Good Day..

Here we have a scenario that is, a customer upgraded from CUCM4.2 and IPCC4 to CUCM7.0 and CCX7.0, in the old deployment, he used codec G.729 on IPCC and for sure for the voice prompts, and it used to work fine, now, after the upgrade, and using the same script, prompts and choosing G.729 to run on CCX, we are only able to listen to prompts and go into the AA menu options internally, but when calling from outside, nothing, it keeps ringing.

I changed the codec back to G.711 from CCX’s service parameter, and called from outside, the CCX opens the script yes, but not playing any prompts…

Although the gateway used to work with IPCC normally, I had configured codec G.729 and ran it under a special dial-peer dedicated for CCX trigger DN, still nothing changed..

Any guides please.

AT

3 Replies 3

Tanner Ezell
Level 4
Level 4

Assuming you have an MGCP gateway, you'll need to setup your regions such that calls from the outside PSTN get transcoded to G.729

Tanner Ezell www.ctilogic.com

thanx anner

unfortunately we are using H.323

Does not matter if you are using MGCP or H323 the same rule applies for xcoding needs.  The bigger question is what has changed as part of the upgrade as there should be no changes from operations point of view.

I would suggest checking if there are media resources such as Xcoder that for some reason did not register after the upgrade.  Also, is the site with the GW experiencing the issues remote from the UCCX server?  If you want to use G729 for calls into the GW simple change the region assigned to the GW's DP to use G729 between itself and the UCCX cti ports.

HTH,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: