Views
Helpful
Replies

Change ISDN Type in vg 2811

makstilcisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In our VG 2811 have two E1 lines from two different Telco’s. When I type debug isdn q931 on the first E1 for incoming calls information is   Plan:ISDN, Type:National

On the second E1 the output is Plan:ISDN, Type:National/International

Can I change the first E1 lines settings to Plan:ISDN, Type:Unknow (and if is possible how can I do it). The reason is that we use MGCP protocol and from telco on the second E1 the incoming calls are without leading zero, so I can manipulate through CUCM settings (add one 0 to national and 00 zeros to International) without any changes to incoming calls in the first E1 who are National.

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

From what I know, you cannot have translation rules base on ISDN Plan/Type when using MGCP.

Conversely, when using H.323 or SIP, it is very easy to have rules using these elements.

You can do this change in CUCM from version 7 under router pattern level:

Called Party Transformations
Required Field
Required Field

If i change Calling Numbering Plan under the gateway configuration from Cisco CallManager to unknow does the call will forwarded to the end user or the call manager will drop the call knowing that the VG 2811 receive the call as National?

I'm not sure what exactly you want to do...

plan/type you can change on GW, so it will be marked with new settings

router pattern and translation pattern is another place to do this in CM version 7.x

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: