Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCI MOC Dialing plan design

hassan_oudeh
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

What is the best practice of confoguring the AD extensions and other phone numbering ?

as per the documents (correct me if im mistaken) all the extensions, home, work and mobile number configured for each user in the AD MUST be prefixed with "+" Does this include 4 digits extension ??

If yes the corporate directory will not work, as of IP Phones does not allow the + at the beggining and the translation patter could not create patern with "+" at the begging.

please advice for the extensions how is the best way of confiigring the AD phone numbers ?

best regards,

2 Replies 2

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

1) Yes, it's required that E.164 format being used.

2) You may use Application Dial Rules to strip digits while dialing internally.  To configure ADR, go to CUCM Admin > Call Routing > Dial Rules > Application Dial Rules.  For more details, refer to CUCIMOC documents.

Thanks!

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Application Dial Plan does not apply on the normal phone right ?

if you are calling from the CUCI MOC, or any other CTI controlled device it will be applied i.e CUPC

wiered thing if i called the +XXXX extension from the IP COMM the calls is established and CUCM strip automatically the +. but it's not the case with the physical ip phone !

any advise      !!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: