Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading IPCC 3.5 to IPCC 4.0.5a

dagraham
Level 1
Level 1

I am upgrading an IPCC 3.5 system to 7.0.1. We need to mi

grate our CDR on the IPCC. So we are going to upgrade to 4.0.5a and then to UCCX 7.0.1. In the upgrade documentation for upgrading from 3.5 to 4.0.5a we are supposed to use the 4.0 License Conversion Tool. I have multiple 3.5 to 4.0.5a upgrade packages and none of these boxes have this conversion tool. I have contacted TAC and they do not have it either. Does any one have this tool or can tell me where to get it?

Thanks

14 Replies 14

Rajiv Lal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

For CRS 3.5 to CRS 7.0 upgrade the license converstion tool comes in a separate CD with the upgrade package.

In case of CRS 3.5 to CRS 4.0.5 if you have not got a CD which contains the License Conversion Tool then the best was is to get the equivalent License file generated for CRS 4.0.5 from the license team.

If the license team is not able to help you then  you need to contact your AM and they will help you to get the correct license files.

Regards

Rajiv

Rajiv,

Do you know what the license file name should be when Cisco send it over? I am trying to upgrade from 3.5 to 4.0.5 at the moment and the licenses Cisco have sent me don't seem to be browseable when I run the 3.5.3 backup process.

I have licenses named IVRxxxxxxxx.lic ... but the old licenses were CRSxxxxxxxx.lic

Jed

Jed,

Are you running IVR or IPC license? My license was for 3.5.3 IPCC, it looks like your license is for an IVR solution, is that correct?

When I ran the upgrade from 3.5.3 to 4.0.5a, I had to run the License Conversion Tool for 4.0.5. Licensing can't give you a license for 4.0.5 as it is converted from the previous license. Did you find the information in the upgrade guided that talks about the License Conversion Tool?

Also once the License File is converted to 4.0.X , It must be in the "c:\CRSLicense". If it doesn't exist, add this directory.

The other thing to check is that the license file doesn't have .txt at the end of the filename.

Danny Graham

Southeastern IP Telephony, Inc.

dgraham@seiptel.com

Danny,

I'm not sure how to get hold of the license conversion tool as the licensing guys told me it's probably not available anymore, even via PUT. Hence they sent me licenses direct ... but they don't work

This setup is running two IP IVRs with ICM ... an enterprise IPCC setup.

The guide talks about directories for the licenses, but all it says it make sure it different to the 3.x license directory .. so I've made sure that's the case. I tried the c:\CRSLicense dir too, but no luck.

No .txt extension either.

Do you have a copy of the tool I could pull?

Could you email me an example of license file content/format and name so I could compare?

Thanks

Jed

Jed,

I it appears that this link is still good:

https://www.yousendit.com/download/TzY0WGJBUzg1R05MWEE9PQ

I do have hard copies, but I am about 200 miles away from them right now. It will be 2 weeks before I get back to the customer site. I went to the link and the ISO is still there.

Thanks

Danny Graham

Southeastern IP Telephony, Inc.

dgraham@seiptel.com

The link says the file has expired when I clicked through, unfortunately, but thanks for giving it a go.

I've just tried registering via PUT also to see if it gives me any joy, tricky to know for sure if I've ordered the right part. Have to wait and see if an email arives with a PAK code shortly ... did it take long to get the PAK before. The license bit is normally within minutes and has nothing has arrived yet .. I'm not so convinced I'm going to get anything. It asked for mailing address as well as email so not 100% they aren't going to try and ship me some media!

Damn frustrating as this is holding up the whole IPCC7 upgrade process,

Thanks

Jed

Jed,

If you get the same thing that I got, you will not get the license conversion tool. You will only get the 4.0.5a upgrade CD which is useless without the License Conversion Tool. Did you get my email from earlier that had the link to where TAC had posted the ISO for the license conversion tool?

We went through 4.0.5a to save our call detail records, then went to UCCX 7. Another licensing issue got me when I got to 7. The license that we get with the UCCX Upgrade PAK would not work. I worked with TAC and TAC advised that we need a new install UCCX 7 license verses an upgrade license. So if you are migrating data from 3.5.3 to 4.0.5a to 7.0 you may see the same thing. I did on 3 of my customers.

Danny Graham

Southeastern IP Telephony,INC.

dgraham@seiptel.com

704-607-1464

Jed,

I was able to work with someone at my customer site to post the 40 Conversion tool. Try this link:

https://rcpt.yousendit.com/828901223/8c28013418025a308ef13c333e1f36ee

Danny Graham

dgraham@seiptel.com

704-607-1464

Danny,

This is just what I needed. The files Cisco provide me direct were indeed upgrade license files and not pure license files so I did need the upgrade utility to do this. Shame they weren't aware this was the case

My backup is now running smoothly and I'll move onto the next stage .. no doubt a new issue but at least that's one more roadblock fixed up

Thanks loads for being so helpful,

Cheers

Jed

Jed,

Are planning on keeping the Call Records? If so when I migrated from 3.5 to 4.05a it took 7 hours to migrate the Call records. This has to complete before you can move on to 7.

Danny Graham

dgraham@seiptel.com

704-607-1464

jedellerby
Level 1
Level 1

Nope, we don't have call records as far as I am aware in this platform as it's pure IVR and not IPCCX. The bulk of the data should be on the ICM platform in the HDS database and also on the Call Manager (seperate servers) in the CDRs,

Jed

Jed,

If you are not preserving the UCCX Historical Call Records, it would probably be just as easy to do a fresh install of the UCCX, I believe that I read a caveat about the IVR license changing or going away when you go to 7 from 4. I could be wrong, I believe it is in the upgrade guide.

Danny Graham

dgraham@seiptel.com

704-607-1464

I am due to do an upgrade fron 4.04 to 8.5. Does anyone know where I can get a set of 4.0(5) disks. I had them previously but have since lost them. They are no longer orderable through PUT

Thanks

Frank Hunter

Frank

I am pretty sure I have them. I am on customer site today and will be back in the office in the morning. I am on east coast time.

Sent from my iPhone

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: