CM0012: Unable to create new version on archive $1

Unanswered Question
Nov 23rd, 2009
User Badges:

Hi, all

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Tableau Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

I am running LMS 3.2 SOLARIS 10 (RME4.3.1)

Since some days, when I try to archive the configuration files from 1300 devices, I am getting the following message:

CM0057 VLAN RUNNING config fetch SUCCESS, archival failed for xxxx CM0012: Unable to create new version on archive $1 Action: Check if disk space is available and directory has required permissions Actions: Verify that archive exists for device.

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Tableau Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

It’s working fine if i delete and re-add a device.

Thanks for the assistance.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Joe Clarke Mon, 11/23/2009 - 07:48
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

It could be that your config archive has become damaged on disk, in which case a delete/re-add would be required.  Post the dcmaservice.log.

Joe Clarke Mon, 11/23/2009 - 10:52
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

It looks like something happened to make the database and file system go out of sync.  If you have a backup of LMS back when config archive was working, I recommend you restore it.  This should restore functionality.  If you do not have a backup, then you will need to remove and re-add each device or reinitialize the RME database to resync the database and file system.

Actions

This Discussion