Views
Helpful
Replies

CM0012: Unable to create new version on archive $1

hlichiere
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, all

I am running LMS 3.2 SOLARIS 10 (RME4.3.1)

Since some days, when I try to archive the configuration files from 1300 devices, I am getting the following message:

CM0057 VLAN RUNNING config fetch SUCCESS, archival failed for xxxx CM0012: Unable to create new version on archive $1 Action: Check if disk space is available and directory has required permissions Actions: Verify that archive exists for device.

It’s working fine if i delete and re-add a device.

Thanks for the assistance.

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It could be that your config archive has become damaged on disk, in which case a delete/re-add would be required.  Post the dcmaservice.log.

Hi,

Here is the dcmaservice.log file :

Thanks a lot for your help. Rgds

It looks like something happened to make the database and file system go out of sync.  If you have a backup of LMS back when config archive was working, I recommend you restore it.  This should restore functionality.  If you do not have a backup, then you will need to remove and re-add each device or reinitialize the RME database to resync the database and file system.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: