Views
Helpful
Replies

IP tracking on ASA

c.lemaire
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to trigger a failover in case a certain IP is unreachable? I know you can do that based on interface state but I would need to do that based on a gateway reachability.

Regards,

Christophe

3 Replies 3

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

c.lemaire wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to trigger a failover in case a certain IP is unreachable? I know you can do that based on interface state but I would need to do that based on a gateway reachability.

Regards,

Christophe

Christophe

Yes you can do this -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa80/configuration/guide/ip.html#wp1090243

Jon

Jon,

Thanks for your answer but it is not what I was asking for. I don't want to add tracking on a route, I want the active ASA to failover to the standby ASA in case an IP is unreachable. Is it possible?

Regards,

Christophe

c.lemaire wrote:

Jon,

Thanks for your answer but it is not what I was asking for. I don't want to add tracking on a route, I want the active ASA to failover to the standby ASA in case an IP is unreachable. Is it possible?

Regards,

Christophe

Christophe

My sincerest apologies, i read the question a little too quickly.

As far as i know there is no way to do this at the moment. What you need is something like EEM (Embedded Event Manager) which is available on Cisco routers and allows you to execute commands on a router based on the results of a tracked object. But there is nothing as yet like this on the ASA.

Jon

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card