Views
Helpful
Replies

IPM : IP SLA Responder on C3560 with IP BASE

adery6300
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to configure a 3560 switch [ (C3560-IPBASE-M), Version 12.2(40)SE ] as a responder device for an UDP Jitter collector. I can "Add" the device to IPM, but it is not listed as a "Responder Enabled Device", and so I can't use it with an UDP collector.

The switch IS configured with the "ip sla responder" command, and it shows up in the configuration. I know an IPBASE switch won't have the full IP SLA capabilities : I just need it to be a responder for a router which has the full IP SLA.

The IP SLA responder does work on a C3560 with IP Services, though. But everywhere I looked,  it said that an IP BASE switch could be an IP SLA responder.

Could somebody clear this up ? I'm running LMS 3.1 with IPM 4.1.0.

Thanks,

Alex.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

IPM only uses SNMP to verify if the responder is enabled.  If you perform an SNMP Walk on rttMonApplResponder, what do you see?  Also, make sure the proper SNMP credentials are present in DCR for this switch.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

IPM only uses SNMP to verify if the responder is enabled.  If you perform an SNMP Walk on rttMonApplResponder, what do you see?  Also, make sure the proper SNMP credentials are present in DCR for this switch.

Can I do an snmpwalk using LMS (ie: command line tool) or must I use an external app ?

You can do the walk from Device Center.  You'll see an SNMP Walk link there.

I think I found it.

It seems the CISCO-RTTMON-MIB is NOT present in IOS 12.2(40)SE IP BASE, only in IP SERVICE.

But in other IOS versions (ex: 12.2(25), 12.2(52)), the MIB _is_ present in the IP BASE version, but in some cases, the "ip sla responder" command isn't available (so the MIB is there, but the functionnality isn't).

I've just updated a test switch to 12.2(52)SE IP BASE and the CISCO-RTTMON-MIB is present, and so IPM can use it as an UDP Jitter responder.

So if somebody wants an UDP Responder on an IP BASE switch, it's best to go with the latest IOS (12.2(52)SE), or maybe an old one like 12.2(35) _may_ work (untested).

Thanks Joe!

Alex.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: