Microsoft Virtual Machine Issues w .1Q routing

Unanswered Question
Nov 23rd, 2009
User Badges:

Case study: I am seeking help as I am attempting to test the .1Q functionality of Microsoft Virtual PC (only). What I have done is connected a PC w 1gig NIC configured for .1Q tagging and connected it to a Cat 3750 trunk port. I configured 3 VLAN (one per virtual environment) and I created a loopback interface to ping too.

Problem: PING not successful. I am able to see the VLAN tagged on the 3750 and when I show ARP on the 3750 I do see the MAC of the Virtual PC with the correct VLANID but the switch will not route the packet to the LO int. Hence, PING failure. I tried with both no routing and with EIGRP both, to no avail.

Attached is a diagram with info, the IOS is LAN IP not sure version but there are no other config’s on the 3750 it is clean fresh out of the box. I have to use this set as I am limited additional devices due to security policies.

Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I am leaning towards Microsoft VM the root cause but just not sure. The ping should route and respond.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Giuseppe Larosa Thu, 11/26/2009 - 23:42
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

Hello Brian,

this should be a duplicated thread you have got a good answer from Jon in the other thread.

Best Regards

Giuseppe

briangrides Mon, 11/30/2009 - 07:07
User Badges:

Mr. Giuseppe,

Thanks, this is a duplicate thread and I have been trying to find a way to delete or remove it under- ACTIONS. But to no avail.Any advise? I am new to this forum and am not familuar with all the functionality yet. I appriciate your help.

Brian

Actions

This Discussion