cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Microsoft Virtual Machine Issues w .1Q routing

briangrides
Level 1
Level 1

Case study: I am seeking help as I am attempting to test the .1Q functionality of Microsoft Virtual PC (only). What I have done is connected a PC w 1gig NIC configured for .1Q tagging and connected it to a Cat 3750 trunk port. I configured 3 VLAN (one per virtual environment) and I created a loopback interface to ping too.

Problem: PING not successful. I am able to see the VLAN tagged on the 3750 and when I show ARP on the 3750 I do see the MAC of the Virtual PC with the correct VLANID but the switch will not route the packet to the LO int. Hence, PING failure. I tried with both no routing and with EIGRP both, to no avail.

Attached is a diagram with info, the IOS is LAN IP not sure version but there are no other config’s on the 3750 it is clean fresh out of the box. I have to use this set as I am limited additional devices due to security policies.

Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I am leaning towards Microsoft VM the root cause but just not sure. The ping should route and respond.

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Brian,

this should be a duplicated thread you have got a good answer from Jon in the other thread.

Best Regards

Giuseppe

Mr. Giuseppe,

Thanks, this is a duplicate thread and I have been trying to find a way to delete or remove it under- ACTIONS. But to no avail.Any advise? I am new to this forum and am not familuar with all the functionality yet. I appriciate your help.

Brian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card