Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco workflow assistant hanging

Raf
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

When returning to the server setup to initiate the setup, it goes through the normal procedure of entering the username and password and then it starts collecting the info. It collections the server and the module info, once I click next. It says that the polling has timed out. It provides the option to cancel this background process by entering the username and password. Pop up appears, it refreshes and nothing happens. This cycle is repeated if you try and cancel this process again. Any ideas how to get this working again, need to add devices to the various components. Discovery seems to work well.

I tried restarting services and restarting the server. Running LMS 3.2 Windows 2008 SP1 Standard Edition.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This looks good.  Try reinitializing the Opsxml database.  Perhaps a task record was written here, and it is not being removed properly:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=opsxml dmprefix=Opsxml

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I always tell customers not to use CWA after the initial setup.  Everything CWA does can be done in the individual applications.  However, the hanging problem could be due to a misbehaving process.  Try rebooting the server (not just restart Daemon Manager) to see if that restores functionality.

I'm not able to launch the CWA, this never happened witn any of my 3.1 installations. I have tried to reboot the server, same issue.

Where else am I able to add devices from the dcr to the various modules?

For RME, go to RME > Devices > Device Management > RME Devices.  For Campus, go to Campus Manager > Admin > Data Collection > Mode and Policy Settings, adjust your settings if you want to limit which devices are managed, then run a new Campus Data Collection.  For DFM, go to DFM > Device Management > Device Import.

If you want to debug CWA further, post the CWA.log.  A TAC service request may be required, but any fata error should be seen in the log.  Also, post the output of the pdshow command.

Thanks a lot.

Will post a cwa.log as soon as I have it.

Hi,

Rebooted and restarted. No difference. Not sure what caused the issue as it seems that this just happened, maybe a bug.

Please see attached cwa.log and screenshot.

Regards

Rafiek

You did not include the pdshow output.

sorry, the pdshow is attached.

This looks good.  Try reinitializing the Opsxml database.  Perhaps a task record was written here, and it is not being removed properly:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=opsxml dmprefix=Opsxml

Thanks. Will try this and get back to you.

Thanks. Worked like a bomb.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: