Views
Helpful
Replies

CTI Route Point - it is really required

HEATH FREEL
Level 1
Level 1

I have a CUCMBE 7.1.2.

I have a number of DN's that I am able to do a forward all to any system handler I wish in Unity Connection. Why then would I need to create a CTI route point? it seems redundant. Can anyone explain?

Thanks,

Heath

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can certainly use a dummy phone and configure a DN to forward to Unity. Some people prefer to create CTI route points because it does not require the creation of a dummy phone. Makes the configuration a little more clean. Also makes record keeping more accurate as when you search for phones, you don't see records that are not actually phones.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can certainly use a dummy phone and configure a DN to forward to Unity. Some people prefer to create CTI route points because it does not require the creation of a dummy phone. Makes the configuration a little more clean. Also makes record keeping more accurate as when you search for phones, you don't see records that are not actually phones.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

A quick follow up. I am able to do that without dummy phones - just by creating a DN with no associated device and then forward all that DN to Unity's system handler....so again, the CTI just seems to be an extra step...

I think this still goes back to keeping a clean configuration. In this case, this DN shows up in the Unassigned DNs list. Someone unfamiliar with the system who runs this report might think that this DN is unused. Again, not a problem, more of a preference.

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: