cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Handler setup for alternate contact

j.mccartney
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to setup an alternate contact option for a callhandler to allow callers during a greeting to press 1 and go to a support persons cell phone 9XXXXXXX after hours. I am using Unity 7.0 (2.0) and I am setting up the closed greeting and allowing users to go to 1 of 2 places --> 1 goes to the "help desk" (ext 8139 - where someone is paged). 2 goes to another extension (8140) and allows callers to enter 1-to go to a persons cell phone. The error message I get when entering in the phone number is : "Phone number does not fit the dialing rules or your dialing permissions" - Where do I look to set this up?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Paul Reck
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

have a look at your Restriction Tables to make sure you can transfer out to that number

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/administration/guide/ex/5xcusag070e.html

regards,

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for responding, I did check that before posting my issue, that is why i'm not sure what rules/permissions its look for. I'm still looking at my confiigurations.

Thanks again.

John

Paul - it was the restriction table for the "default subscribers" class of service not the restriction table under call management that was causing my issue. It works now. Had to add 9???????* to the subscriber restriction table. Thanks again.

John

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: