cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto QoS on Sup6

cowetacoit
Level 1
Level 1

I'm configuring Auto QoS on my network and i have a supervisor 6 4506 and a supervisor 4 4506 as my cores. I have a layer 2 trunk between the two cores which is a couple ports bundled in a port channel. For some reason i can't find an easy way to configure QoS on the Sup6 side. Does anyone know why the Port Channel or bundled ports don't allow the Auto QoS Voip Trust command? My Sup4 Core allows it.Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sorry for the confusion (auto qos is not my real expertise ;-) )

So auto Qos on etherchannel is supported on SUP II+, IV and V but not on SUP-6 and later. With 53SG, you have the correct behavior.

Thanks

Laurent.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Laurent Aubert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

QoS implementation changed with the new SUP-6. It follows the MQC model now :

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4500/12.2/53SG/configuration/qos.html#wp1474085

HTH

Laurent.

I can't find any information on why i can't configure auto qos on my port channel. I configured the physical ports with the QoS trust extend and the connecting switch went into err disable. Do you have any suggestions for port channels?

Hi,

I actually digged a little bit and at the end auto-qos is not supported on the CAT4000 family so you have the expected behavior with SUP-6 but not with SUP-4 as the check were not in place. You need manual configuration on etherchannel.

CSCsi95018 fixed this.

HTH

Laurent.

I mean not supported on etherchannel.

Laurent.

OK, We're running (53) SG. Is this bug fix in SG1?

Sorry for the confusion (auto qos is not my real expertise ;-) )

So auto Qos on etherchannel is supported on SUP II+, IV and V but not on SUP-6 and later. With 53SG, you have the correct behavior.

Thanks

Laurent.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: