640-822 ICND1 vs CCNA Online

Unanswered Question
Nov 24th, 2009

Hi guys

As part of my Bachelor's degree, I have completed CCNA 1 and 2 online. I have completed the module tests and practical+final exams and passed.
What I want to do now is the certification - 640-822 ICND1 seems to be the one I'm after. Except that the topics covered in ICND1 seem to differ a LOT compared to what I learned in the CCNA1+2 online course.

In the ICND1 topic list mentioned here:
http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/current_exams/640-822.html

It demands knowledge of Wireless LANs and Security, neither of witch were mentioned in Network Fundamentals or Routing Protocols and Concepts.
There is like half a page on WLAN's outling the basic IEEE standards and that's it, nothing more.

Also, stuff that I HAVE learned in CCNA so far like OSPF, EIGRP, etc aren't mentioned at all in the ICND1 topic list - it seems the highest it goes is RIPv2 and stops there.

What on earth is going on? I thought the ICND1 exams were directly related to the CCNA1&2 online courses, I thought that's what they were based on.
Exactly which CCNA course teaches me about Wireless and Security? What am I to do?

Help please!

Thanks in advance,

Aaron

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Eugene Khabarov Sun, 12/20/2009 - 14:49

This questions about wireless networks and security is really basic. You should know this topics already. Don't worry

Please rate if this helps,

Eugene.

Actions

This Discussion