cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 7.1 - Configuring Busy trigger after one call?

stowellp
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

I have a site that is using CME 7.1 with 7961 phones, and wishes to play a busy tone to the caller when they are on a call. I have configured the following lines in the ephone template that I have assigned to all phones:

max-calls-per-button 1

busy-trigger-per-button 1

This is working on the phones that are configured as octo-lines, but not on those that are configured as dual-lines.

I'd rather not configure all of the phones as octo-lines as I would be wasting unecessary DNs. Does anyone know how I could configure a busy tone, or if this is even possible on a phone configured with a dual-line?

Thanks in advance.

Phil

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

Because the DN's are set up as dual-line you need to add the following (huntstop channel command). Have a look;

The following example creates an ephone-dn with the number 103 in dual-line mode. The no huntstop command allows calls to continue to hunt to other ephone-dns if this one is busy or does not answer. The huntstop channel command disables call hunting to the second channel of this ephone-dn if the first channel is busy or does not answer.

Router(config)# ephone-dn 10 dual-line

Router(config-ephone-dn)# number 103

Router(config-ephone-dn)# no huntstop

Router(config-ephone-dn)# huntstop channel

Router(config-ephone-dn)# exit

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

Because the DN's are set up as dual-line you need to add the following (huntstop channel command). Have a look;

The following example creates an ephone-dn with the number 103 in dual-line mode. The no huntstop command allows calls to continue to hunt to other ephone-dns if this one is busy or does not answer. The huntstop channel command disables call hunting to the second channel of this ephone-dn if the first channel is busy or does not answer.

Router(config)# ephone-dn 10 dual-line

Router(config-ephone-dn)# number 103

Router(config-ephone-dn)# no huntstop

Router(config-ephone-dn)# huntstop channel

Router(config-ephone-dn)# exit

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob, it worked a treat!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: