We have a VoIP solution that is currently directly connection from the ISP router into our network. I need guidance on how to configure VoIP to traverse a firewall.
We have a secure redundant solution for the data connection, but I have no idea when it comes to VoIP as to which ports and protocols to allow/ block with achieving optimum security.
- This is a Hosted Voice Solution with Call Manager at the ISP.
- There is a PA-2FE-TX card that provides the VoIP from the router.
- The router provides DHCP for the Phones only.
- There is an internal windows DHCP for the PCs.
- Data and VoIP provided by same ISP.
Attached are diagrams of a) current set-up and b) what I’m aiming for.
Any help is appreciated. Thank you.