Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

64bit VPN client

Hi !

Is there a 64bit version for Cisco VPN Client ?

Thanks.

Andrei.

10 Replies 10

Todd Pula
Level 7
Level 7

As of now, the AnyConnect SSL VPN client is the only 64bit compatible client.

VPNHaus_SF_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Andrei,

A 64 bit VPN client you can look in to is the NCP Secure Entry Client-- its IPsec and compatible with Vista and Windows 7.  As Topula mentioned, Cisco is currently offering the AnyConnect as a 64 bit VPN client, however its SSL.  Depends on what you are looking for..

Good luck!

-VPN Haus

http://vpnhaus.wordpress.com/

Phillip Remaker
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

February 18, 2010
Due to popular demand, the Cisco VPN Client v5.0.7 open beta is now available!
In addition to serving as a general maintenance release, the Cisco VPN Client 5.0.7 beta is compatible with Windows 7 & Windows Vista 64-bit environments. 
A 64-bit specific compatible image is available for installation on these platforms.

Please have communicate feedback (both positive and problems) to cvc-beta@cisco.com.

Key Capabilities available for Beta Testing:
New Platform support – Windows 7 & Windows Vista 64-bit platform compatibility
Software Access: http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/go/Redirect.x?mdfid=281940730 (under 5.BETA)
Software is available for download by any customer with a Cisco.com SMARTnet™ enabled login.
Release Notes will be available next week via a link once the download image is selected.

Hi Phillip,

Is this still the case? I followed the link providied and it just leads me to a standard download of 5.0.07.0410 32-bit only.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

Yo,

From the release notes :

These release notes are for the Cisco VPN Client, Release 5.0.07.0290. The names of the files on the
software download site are:
• vpnclient-win-msi-5.0.07.0290-k9.exe for Windows on x86 (32-bit).
• vpnclient-winx64-msi-5.0.07.0290-k9.exe for Windows on x64 (64-bit).

New Features
VPN Client 5.0.07 features the following:
• Support for Windows 7 on x64 (64-bit). This release, however, does not support WWAN devices
(also called wireless data cards) on Windows 7 x86 (32-bit) and x64.
• Support for Windows Vista on x64.
• Packet LZS compression for x64 VPN Client.
Note that this version does not provide online help.
System Requirements
VPN Client 5.0.07 supports the following Microsoft OSs:
• Windows 7 on x64 (64-bit)
• Windows 7 on x86 (32-bit) only
• Windows Vista on both x86 (32-bit) and x64
• Windows XP on x86

Say no more !

shame on me!

I should not have assumed the latest release would have the same compatibility as the previous release...

Thanks!

Matt

Do you mean "should have assumed?"

The latest release does indeed support 64-bit Windows Vista and Windows 7.

OK, looking again at http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/go/Redirect.x?mdfid=281940730 at this time, when you select the latest version (5.0.07.410 as of this writing) you will see a link on the page that says "Please check here for latest 64-bit client."  That will lead you to the 64-bit client.

For whatever reason, 5.0.07.290 is the latest version of 64-bit VPN client.  If you select that you can get a 64-bit download.

It is not clear to me if/when 5.0.07.410 will be released as 64-bit.

Thanks for the follow up Phillip.

The 5.0.07.410 client included a GINA fix which was relevant to 32-bit OS only.  The 5.0.07.290 client is the latest available for 64-bit.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: