cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need more than 9 MWI on Unity.

zebranutz80
Level 1
Level 1

I am running Unity 4.0.5.  I have an office with 15 7941 phones with 2 lines each.  I have a single voicemail account and I need the MWI to be lit up on all 15 phones for this voicemail.

Normally, I would simply add the voicemail extension to each of these phones as a shared line.  Unfortunately, the 2 lines on all the phones are in use.  1 line is a Contact Center extension and the 2nd is a personal extension.

I realize the Alternate MWI feature in Unity allows for 9 additional lines, but I would like to know if there is a work-around to allow more.  Thanks in advance for your help.

2 Replies 2

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

My post does not directly answer your question, but I wanted to know if you considered email notification to the users when a voice message is received by the shared voicemail box?  It does not trigger MWI but each of your users would get an email.  Another option if you have unified messaging, is to create the group permissions to have full mailbox access to the voicemail account with Send-as permissions so it can be sent elsewhere if needed.  Add the users that need access to the group.  Add the mailbox to the user's Outlook as a shared inbox folder.  Another option, although it only gives you ten configurable, is Alternate MWI - you could use the users Contact Center extensions. 

Sincerely, Ginger

Thanks for replying.

Email notification isn't really an option as our Manager specifically would like a WMI.  Not all of the users have email.

Group permissions would work, but there still isn't a MWI to indicate a new VM.  They would have to check the VM randomly.  In addition, I want to keep accessing VM's simple.  I really don't want my users to have to go through additional steps to access VM.

I have already used up all available Alternate MWI.  I need more.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: