cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility DLU's

r.robins
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone tell me where I can list all EM enabled users easily.

We have CUCM 6.1 and currently there are 34 EM enabled users taking up 4 DLU's each.

EM is no longer used and I want to try and free up the license units for phones.

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I don't believe Extension Mobility takes up DLUs. However, Mobility does. This is probably what you're seeing in the License Unit Calculator. I don't know of a way to quickly report on which users have Mobility enabled. However, you could go to Device > Device Settings > Remote Destination Profile to see which users have RDPs configured. This would give you a good idea which users have Mobility enabled.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

View solution in original post

Adam Thompson
Level 4
Level 4

It is not Extension Mobility that is taking up the DLUs, it is that the end users have Cisco Mobility (aka Single Number Reach) enabled in their user profile.

There is a report that you can run that should give you the information you are looking for.

Do the following:

• Go to: Bulk Administration -> Users -> Generate User Reports
  • Do a search with nothing in for the criteria, it should return all configured end users
  • Choose the next button in the upper left corner
  • Name the report and choose the information you want in the report (name, userID, etc...)
    • -make sure you select the 'Enable Mobility' field since this is what you are looking for
  • Select the radio button for Run Immediately and hit submit.
  • Go to: Bulk Administration -> Job Scheduler
  • Hit find and you should see the report you just ran. Click on the JobID and then you will see the text file that was generated.
    • -All of the users that have mobility enabled, will show as a t in that column

Thanks,

Adam

Please rate if helpful

Sorry about that. I didn't think that there would be much of a difference in subversions of 6.1. All of the installations I was looking at were 6.14.

In 6.1.2, try this:

• Go to: Bulk Administration -> Users -> Export Users
  • Do a search with nothing in for the criteria, it should return all configured end users
  • Name the report and choose 'All User Format' for the File Format
  • Hit find and you should see the report you just ran. Click on the JobID and then you will see the text file that was generated.
    • -Mobility Enabled is one of the columns, all of the users that have mobility enabled, will show as a t in that column
    • For ease of readability, you will probably have to copy the info and import it into Excel

Thanks,

Adam

Please rate if helpful

9 Replies 9

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I don't believe Extension Mobility takes up DLUs. However, Mobility does. This is probably what you're seeing in the License Unit Calculator. I don't know of a way to quickly report on which users have Mobility enabled. However, you could go to Device > Device Settings > Remote Destination Profile to see which users have RDPs configured. This would give you a good idea which users have Mobility enabled.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Brandon,

EM users definately use 4 DLU each. The license unit calc just shows them as Mobility enabled users.

Problem is the reporting on CUCM is not that hot

I have several users configured for Extension Mobility on a 6.x cluster. When I go to the License Unit Calculator, it shows 0 in use for Mobility. It is my understanding the EM and Mobility are different features. I have not seen EM mentioned regarding DLUs. I could be wrong. If so, I will stand corrected.

Brandon

Adam Thompson
Level 4
Level 4

It is not Extension Mobility that is taking up the DLUs, it is that the end users have Cisco Mobility (aka Single Number Reach) enabled in their user profile.

There is a report that you can run that should give you the information you are looking for.

Do the following:

• Go to: Bulk Administration -> Users -> Generate User Reports
  • Name the report and choose the information you want in the report (name, userID, etc...)
    • -make sure you select the 'Enable Mobility' field since this is what you are looking for
    • -All of the users that have mobility enabled, will show as a t in that column

Thanks,

Adam

Please rate if helpful

Thanks for the info, unfortunately the "Enable Mobility" option is not in the list of fields to select.

Any other way anyone knows how to do this answer would be gratefully recieved.

I have a feeling that you are running CUCM 6.0 not 6.1. I have checked multiple installations of 6.1 and they all have the 'Enable Mobility' field as an option. I will poke around in 6.0 to see if there is any easy way to pull this information. If I find anything, I'll post it.

Thanks,

Adam

Hi Adam,

Defianteley correct version.

6.1-2000

And definately no Mobility Enabled option.

Sorry about that. I didn't think that there would be much of a difference in subversions of 6.1. All of the installations I was looking at were 6.14.

In 6.1.2, try this:

• Go to: Bulk Administration -> Users -> Export Users
  • Name the report and choose 'All User Format' for the File Format
    • -Mobility Enabled is one of the columns, all of the users that have mobility enabled, will show as a t in that column
    • For ease of readability, you will probably have to copy the info and import it into Excel

Thanks,

Adam

Please rate if helpful

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Nice info Adam.

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: