Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS Inheritence not working

NAVIN PARWAL
Level 2
Level 2

Folks,

I have 2 waas boxes accross the wan. Everything works great. When I write a new policy and apply to all device group , for some reason it does not effect on inidividual devices which are part of that group, I have to apply the policy to individual devices to make it work. Does anyone know why the inheritence does not work in waas 4.1.

Thanks,

Parwal

1 Reply 1

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

Parwal,

You should first verify that the default policy definitions have been configured for the AllDevicesGroup.  In the Central Manager, go to:

My WAN > Device Groups > AllDevicesGroup > Configure > Acceleration > Policy Defintions

If there are no application policies listed, click the Restore Default Policies and Classifiers button.  Once you have done this, or verified that there are application policies in place, you can ensure that the individual devices get their policy settings from the AllDevicesGroup by clicking the Force Group Settings button from the AllDevicesGroup home page.

If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Regards,

Zach

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: