cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error: Could not retrieve personal options from Unity Server

lundholmster
Level 1
Level 1

After logging into the Cisco PCA and clicking Cisco Unity Assistant I get at the top of the page, "Could not retrieve personal options from Unity Server".

If I try to change something on the page I get "Error saving personal options".
If I click "back" in Internet Explorer I get "Unable to access the audio stream on the voice server".

Whenever I go to the Cisco Unity Assistant web page, if the CiscoUnityTdsProxy service is running, it stops and an error message is printed in the Application log of the server:

EventID: 5000
Source: NET Runtime 2.0 Error

"EventType clr20r3, P1 ciscounitytdsproxy.exe, P2 1.0.3057.41509, P3 482d31cb, P4 mscorlib, P5 2.0.0.0, P6 471ebc5b, P7 25f, P8 123, P9 system.formatexception, P10 NIL.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp."

This happens on Version Cisco Unity 7.0 Build 7.0(2)

Does anyone have any clues how to fix this?

Thank you

3 Replies 3

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

Sounds like you might be hitting this bug - http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsd39975&from=summary

There are some steps to take to check your Unity server, as always I would recommend you check with Cisco TAC to confirm.

Sincerely,

Ginger

The solution to this was to add Named Pipes to the SQL server installation.

From the TAC support:

Startup SQL Enterprise Manager tools

Select the Server entry under SQL Server Group

Right click and select Properties

Select the General tab

Select the button labeled Network Configuration

Under enabled protocols see if "Named Pipes" entry is there. If not add it and then test PCA.

You will have to restart SQL Server after you apply this solution.

george.rodda
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue as above. The bugfix mentioned ("Named Pipes") was not relevant. I checked and that Option was already listed.  We have never used Personal assistance because it never worked at all. Now it lets me login but I get the same errors as the original poster. I have Cisco Unity 7.0 Build 7.0(2).  I am not getting the event eorror the poster is getting.  Any help would be apreciated. I would like to offer the assistant to the users.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: