cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity support Exchange 2010 yet??

jolo07310
Level 5
Level 5

We are planning to upgrade our exchange 2003 to 2010 because of the great features about exchange 2010.

We have unified messaging with existing exchange 2003 now, does Cisco have road map to support exchange 2010??

Thanks

8 Replies 8

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes they do. The last I heard, MAPI works differently in Exchange 2010 which requires the BU to modify Unity for it to work. They were waiting for Microsoft to ship the product first so they had finalized code to work against. They were hoping to get it into Unity 8 which is scheduled to FCS Q1CY10. Your Cisco AM may be able to get you more specific details if needed.

I just opened at TAC case (3/18/10) and was told that Unity testing with Exchange 2010 is still in progress with no release date announced.  They said this link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/7x/requirements/7xcusysreq.html#wp472166

is updated every 10 days.

John

In January a Cisco employee posted about Exchange 2010 and gave some dates.  Check it out.  I am eager for this to happen, I want to upgrade as well.

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/message/33149?tstart=0

Great! I saw these dates posted somewhere else, but it didn't list the source. With luck I should be starting next week.

Hi,

Has anyone been successful integrating Unity 7 with Exchange 2010?

I got stuck on the Cisco Unity 7 Message store Configuration Wizard for unity on the CUICA.

It asked me to install Exchange 2003 SP2 and Exchange 2003 System manager and so I did it. But still cannot see a mailbox.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

BILL BARTLETT
Level 1
Level 1

It looks as though Cisco has a roadmap to Exchange

2010.  This document lists the process to upgrade Unity 5,7 or 8

to Exchange 2010.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/7x/using_exch2010/usingex2010withcu7x5x.pdf

We are planning on upgrading from Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2010 starting in a Month or so.

We did this upgrade, and things are now working fine.  However, we had a nasty surprise when we went from pilot mode (12 users) to production (300 users).  We found that Exchange 2010 and domain controllers on 2008R2 both have tighter limits on the number of connections a device can make to them.  When we went production, Unity exceeded these numbers and the servers refused additional connections.  The result was that users got "your messages are not available" when they called Unity.  We found fixes after two TAC cases, which led us to these bugs CSCsz20178, CSCtg38589 and these Microsoft KB's KB830836, kB842022, 980049.  After making all of the registry changes called for in the bug and kb articles, the problem stopped.

Hi,

This is a good news. May i know what version of Unity you setup? Is this a new installation or just upgrade?

I think you can help me with some questions on issues that you mayhave encountered also.

After doing all the steps on the guide, please see attached as the result. I have tried 4 times and luckiest result is i was able to manage integration but cannot manage also. I know my IIS is working as the FAQ is working.

Appreciate your inputs on this. Thanks.

Thanks,

Joseph

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: