Help stop a registration, help AA won't answer,

Answered Question
Nov 24th, 2009
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

Hello,

I'm having plenty of difficulty here. First I've been reading and trying to get the darn auto attendant to answer the incoming call. My phone shows I'm getting a ring out status. My debug ccsip mess shows the attempt, but all I get is a busy signal in return. If I set the AA voicemail pstn number it will ask me for an access code, but that's not good for people who want to speak with someone.

My sip trunk is registered, Seems to be passing the information, but I also have the phone# trying to register. I don't want it to register, I had to get this generic service provider working through the credentials command. So my question is now, how can I stop it from trying to register?@serviceprovideraddress

Oh thanks if anyone can help me through this

Stephanie

Correct Answer by Maulik Shah about 7 years 6 months ago

So based on the logs:

1. Inbound calls failing with 500 Internal Server Error

I do not see a mapping for the DID    4028173700 to an internal extension or AA. The only DID mapping I see that you have configured is for    4028174803 which maps to the AA. Can you make sure you configure this mapping using the inbound dialplan on CCA?

2. Registration for 4028173700

If you want to stop this - simplest option maybe to add below:

ephone-dn  297
   number 4028173700 no-reg both

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
SHeidemann Tue, 11/24/2009 - 12:54
User Badges:

I didn't mean to curse there, sorry to offend. I hit submit without rereading. oOps

Maulik Shah Tue, 11/24/2009 - 13:38
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Hard to say much unless we get specific information such as configuration and also SIP debugs logs as below:

5.3    Gathering SIP Debug logs on the UC500
If calls are not being able to be placed to / from the UC500 to the SIP or the registration has failed, go to Troubleshoot > Telephony Diagnostics > Voice Debug Log. Select device, check VoIP (SIP) and click Apply Debug. Make the failed call or the event, save log file to Log File Directory and click on Generate Troubleshooting Log. Then click OK to disable debug logging.

SHeidemann Tue, 11/24/2009 - 14:21
User Badges:

Well, It's a lot of info, hope you can point me to the location where I might be missing something. I through in the debugs when placing a call and when trying to recieve a call. I believe that my trunk is working fine. It does keep trying to register another trunk with the wrong information and I want it to stop, so I through that info in too.

I appreciate you taking a look.

Stephanie

I have saved this configuration via CCA as well. It seemed like that was helpful in getting the trunk registered at one point. Still no go on incoming calls though.

Correct Answer
Maulik Shah Tue, 11/24/2009 - 21:17
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

So based on the logs:

1. Inbound calls failing with 500 Internal Server Error

I do not see a mapping for the DID    4028173700 to an internal extension or AA. The only DID mapping I see that you have configured is for    4028174803 which maps to the AA. Can you make sure you configure this mapping using the inbound dialplan on CCA?

2. Registration for 4028173700

If you want to stop this - simplest option maybe to add below:

ephone-dn  297
   number 4028173700 no-reg both

SHeidemann Wed, 11/25/2009 - 08:05
User Badges:

Thank you thank you thank you!

I'm like a kid in a candy store right now. That was so not intuitive. Cisco should add this information to the sbcs admin guide for 2.2 as part of the prerequisites. I didn't have any information in the direct dialing area. I thought that might be where I should add something but the range parameters made me think otherwise. Maybe you could tell me more about how a range might be needed and how that would work. Also what is the direct dial to auto-attendant, Groups, Operator area for? I must have entered that 4028174803 during the wizard. I've caught myself a couple of times trying to enter that on accident so it's not suprising that it could have ended up there, but there is nothing in the CCA that showed it configured in there.

Anyway, I thank you much for your help. I learned, and that's the point.

Actions

This Discussion