cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC Appliance API

Peter Yardley
Level 1
Level 1

Does anybody know if the NAC Appliance API operation getuserinfo gives info about the out of band users as well as the inband users. There is an op getoobuserinfo that returns info specifically about the OOB users, however the documentation appears to suggest that getuserinfo returns info about all logged in users?

2 Replies 2

Faisal Sehbai
Level 7
Level 7

Peter,

Not clear on the question. So you're saying that there is a getoobuserinfo call, but that doesn't work? Or that the getuserinfo gives information about all users but doesn't include OOB users?

Can you clarify please?

Thanks,

Faisal

Both calls work. What is not clear is the documentation.

If I call getuserinfo does it return Out of Band logged in users as well as In Band logged in users. It is clear from the doumentation that getoobuserinfo only returns Out of Band users but getuserinfo has no such qualification so I am assuming that it returns all logged in users. We all know what happens when you assume things (you get it wrong).

I have writen some monitoring software for the NAC appliance, which I will release soon, however I wish to resolve what I see as ambiguity in the doco, and get my code right. I only have In Band appliances to work with so I can't check this myself.

Thanks,

Peter.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card