Views
Helpful
Replies

Device Mobility

dialogcco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We are running CUCM 6.X in a cluster environment. There's one publisher and few subscribers in this cluster and phones on the respective locations register with the respective subscribers which are sitting on those locations.

I configured device mobility. When a phone moves from one location to another, on the display it says the device is in a roaming location but it does not change the device pools and register with the local subscriber. It registers with the previous subscriber.

I want to know whether when a device moves from one place to another is there a possibility of registering that device on the local subscriber of that location without manually changing the device pool of that phone to the local device pool.

Thanks.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Device mobility don't change where is CM information provided.

DM will use some settings from dial pool:

Roaming Sensitive Settings

The parameters under these settings will override the device-level settings when the device is roaming within or outside a Device Mobility Group. The parameters included in these settings are:

Date/time Group

Region

Media Resource Group List

Network Locale

SRST Reference

Physical Location

Device Mobility Group

Device Mobility Related Settings

The parameters under these settings will override the device-level settings only when the device is roaming within a Device Mobility Group. The parameters included in these settings are:

Device Mobility Calling Search Space

AAR Calling Search Space

AAR Group

More info you can find: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/6x/devmobil.html

rate if this help

View solution in original post

DP is the only way to give phone information about CMs I'm afraid.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Device mobility don't change where is CM information provided.

DM will use some settings from dial pool:

Roaming Sensitive Settings

The parameters under these settings will override the device-level settings when the device is roaming within or outside a Device Mobility Group. The parameters included in these settings are:

Date/time Group

Region

Media Resource Group List

Network Locale

SRST Reference

Physical Location

Device Mobility Group

Device Mobility Related Settings

The parameters under these settings will override the device-level settings only when the device is roaming within a Device Mobility Group. The parameters included in these settings are:

Device Mobility Calling Search Space

AAR Calling Search Space

AAR Group

More info you can find: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/6x/devmobil.html

rate if this help

Thank you for the reply.

Is there any other method to do this without manually changing the device pool?

DP is the only way to give phone information about CMs I'm afraid.

Thanks.