cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NM-CUE replacement procedure in Cisco 2821

astanislaus
Level 2
Level 2

We need to replace a NM-CUE module in a Cisco 2821 and I have the following questions because I have never done this before.

1. Is the module hot swappable in the Cisco 2821 router ?

2. Can someone point me to a document where I can read the NM-CUE software upgrade / downgrade procedure in case the new spare module comes with a version of software different to the version that was running on the customer's failed NM-CUE module.

3. Given a configuration that was running on the failed module, what is the procedure to transfer that configuration into the new spare module.

Note:

====

I have done a similar task on the NME-WAE-502-K9 module in a Cisco 3845 by doing the following:

Telnet to the Service module ip address and then do:

copy ftp install <ftp-server-ip-address> / WAAS-4.1.3.55-K9.bin

to load 4.1.3.55-K9 code into a new NME-WAE-502-K9.

Is the procedure similar for NM-CUE installed in a Cisco 2821 router.

Alphonse

1 Reply 1

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The NM-CUE is hot swappable in some routers, but not in the 2800 series. Read the sections in the following doc regarding software upgrades, backup and restore.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel7_0/install/over.html

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: