Views
Helpful
Replies

CAS/CAM logs

volodko.m
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Just wanted to know is there any way to turn on additional logging on CAS let's say? I have enabled logging on CAM, it sends to local syslog daemon which is really useful. In this log I can see what is going on after agent is downloaded.

I'd like to see: connection attempts from different IPs, CAS triggers for Radius accounting packets (something like: packet is accepted, users is valod now), assigning to User Role process would be really helpful on deployment stage, etc. In fact we have only tomcat logs, which is not so bad as staring point but definately not enough.

Am I such a dreamer?

Misha

1 Reply 1

Faisal Sehbai
Level 7
Level 7

Misha,

Most of the information is recorded in the log files under tomcat. You can tune up the level of logging by going to the CAS admin page directly (https://IP_ADDRESS_OF_CAS/admin) and changing the values to either TRACE or ALL under the support logs page.

As for syslogging, unfortunately that isn't available on the CAS yet. If it's something you really value, talk to your account team and they can file a feature request for you, to be added in the later versions.

HTH,

Faisal

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: