cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CIPC registration with Live IP address

ahjawad1693
Level 1
Level 1

I have CME 2821, its on LAN with 192.168.0.x IP address, and i have a firewall (Cyberoam), I have NATTED the above address with live ip address so that roaming users can just use the Live ip address and get connected. I cannot do vpn since most of the users are roaming and there is not much requirement for them to log in to the network with VPN, One more problem in configuring vpn for roaming users is limitation of internet access at office, and most of the remote users are reluctant to login to the network. My question is
1) Can i use Live IP address in Preference>tftp server .
2) Is their any special configuration to done in order to achieve this ?
3) I have already tried NAT on the firewall from Live to local IP address, but i don't see any request coming from communicator on to CME.

4) I treid with different ISPs and differnt PCs, but it wont connect. CIPC always shows registering, and on cisco i did a debug, but i see no messages there.
Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thank YOU

1 Reply 1

kechengpc
Level 1
Level 1

I need too. How can CIPC registration without VPN and over the internet? ASA phone proxy or TLS support this?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: