cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 6.1 to 7.1 lab setup change mac address on server

jmize
Level 1
Level 1

I am restoring my current 6.1 call manager to a spare server in my lab so i can test the upgrade of 7.1.

is there a way to change the mac address on a DL320 so my license file will allow the call manager service to start.

i want to test our devices and phone loads before doing the real upgrade.

i also need to test my Litescape call accounting software with 7 as well

Thanks

Jeff

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

So you want to know how to bypass Cisco's entire licensing program? I doubt you will get an explanation of how to do that.

UCM is designed to give you sufficient licenses in demo mode to perform lab-type use out of the box. If you perform an installation and do not upload a single license file, you will get a small pool of node licenses and DLUs.

If you are doing a DRS restore to test this, you will need to delete the license files from the CLI and restart the machine.  There is a bug surrounding FlexLM properly modifying Informix when deleting license files so you may have mixed results with returning to demo mode.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: