cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

One Button Login to a CUE mbox

jwilson
Level 1
Level 1

I can monitor a General Mbox ( user with a mailbox) on a CUE just fine.  I want to be able to dial the GMB number from a ephone and then have the mbox ask me to login with a pin and not play the message.  I am tring to use voice translation rules alternate extensions but that design is not working or not configured correct.

3 Replies 3

lfulgenzi
Level 7
Level 7

We were able to do this by adding a DN on a phone with the same extension as the general mailbox. The MWI hits the phone and changes the prompt accordingly. As long as the correct voice mail profile is set for that line, when you push the messages button with that line selected, you should be asked to log in appropriately.

Was your solution with the UCM or UCME?   I will lab it up with the UCME again to verify but since the

CUE sees the call as Direct versus redirect there are different outcomes.

Our integration was with CUCM (4.1(3)) and also with SRST when CUCM was down.

I would suspect (read hope!) that there would be similar behaviour with CME. But as we've seen in the past, CUCM and CME behave differently on many issues.

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: