Views
Helpful
Replies

Missing characters from provider displayed name for external mobile calls

woutereelen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a problem in North America. There is a provider that can map names to mobile numbers, so a name is displayed for all mobile calls. That's a nice service that I haven't been in contact with in Europe. Now there is a problem with the name that is displayed on the phone. I can see the 'display name' coming in just fine on the voice gateway in the ISDN traces. However.

1/ When the call arrives on an IP phone the first charachter of the name has dissappeared. So 'John Doe' becomes 'ohn Doe'. This happens for all external mobile calls displayed on ip phones. However.

2./ When the call arrives on an IP communicator the previous example name 'John Doe' becomes ' John Doe'. A little square pops up.

Since the error appeared on 2 types of phones I don't think it's related to a bug in the firmware. I'm thinking about character-encoding schemes. Maybe a callmanager parameter can change this behaviour in a way that would be helpful?

CUCM version: 6.1(3)

Br

Wouter

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you using DMS-100 or DMS-250 signaling on the circuit? If you are, try checking the "Send Extra Leading Character in Display IE" option on the circuit and see if the behavior changes.

Thanks for the answer. Sorry, forgot to mention, this is a T1 connecting on an H.323 gateway, not MGCP. So there are no 'PRI protocol specifics' to configure. On the H.323 config you can enable the parameter 'Display IE Delivery' and this is enabled, but doesn't solve the problem.

Any other suggestions?

Br

Wouter

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: