PROBLEM: Wism LDAP servers multiple OU

Unanswered Question
Nov 25th, 2009

Hi,

i want to configure two different SSID on my Wism Controller. I'm using Web Authentication with LDAP server. I configure first SSID with LDAP and a specific OU. All works fine. My problem is when i need to configure the second SSID.

To do this i need to use the same LDAP server but in a different OU. So i create two LDAP server, the first have index 1 IP 1.1.1.1 port 389 with OU=Test1; the second have index 2 IP 1.1.1.1 port 389 with OU=Test2. I associate this two to my SSID: SSID:WIFI1 have server index 1 and SSID:WIFI2 have server index 2.

And here it comes the problem: it seems as the index was ignored and that the two ldap server profiles were seen as the same one because of the fact they have the same ip address. This would be confirmed form the output of the command "show wlan X":

[...]

LDAP Servers
   Server 1...................................... 1.1.1.1 389

[...]

From this output I understand that no ldap profile index is mentioned and that the ldap server to be used is identified only by ip address and port.

So the question is: is it possible to configure two LDAP server with same IP and different "User Base DN" ? and if so, could someone help me how to configure this?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
ehlers.kevin Tue, 12/01/2009 - 13:35

I don't think they've really put the effort into getting ldap to work well with the controllers.  You'd probably have better success using a radius<->ldap solution.  It's sad, but I think that's your best bet.  Picking the ldap server based on the server index probably counts as a "feature request".

-Kevin

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics - Security & Network