Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrade CUCM 5.1.3 to 7.1.x with Remote source

tka
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have to upgrade from CCM 5.1.3 to 7.1.X. For some reason the CD-Rom drive is unable to mount the DVD.

Then, I have to do from an upgrade from using a Remote Source  FTP/SFTP.

However for the verison 7.X, there are several files involved in the Upgrade. Do the CallManager dowload all the files .a .b .c and .sgn automatically, or, in this case the only way to make the upgrade to 7.1.x is only using LOCAL SOURCE method ( CD/DVD).

Actually, I didn't yet tried the remote source method, but , I'm just triying to find answers before doing any operation.

many thanks.

2 Replies 2

vivkalra
Level 1
Level 1

Yes , of course you can upgrade the call manager 7 from the remote server

Set up the SFTP server on the local machine where you have the upgrade file

On the call manager under the Od administration in install upgrades give the path to the SFTP server

select (/) in the directory and call manager will automatically detect the files which it need to upgrade

Regarding setting up the SFTP server, I will be uploading a document to to set up the SFTP server shortly

HTH

Vivek

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Read the CM release notes for how to merge the files into a single sgn file and then remote install via sftp will work for you.

HTH,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: